Installation Technician II - Columbus, Ohio
Radiant Technology Group
Installation Technician II – Columbus, Ohio
The Installation Technician II will perform installations for customer projects including AV equipment and related electronic system component installations, rack fabrication and wiring, layout for all equipment and fabrication as needed, cable pulls and cable terminations. This position could be expected to lead and direct installation crews on small to mid-size projects to meet scope, design, and project requirements. Installation Technician II will coordinate and report progress to Project Manager ensuring projects achieve time, scope, budget, quality, safety, and customer requirements.
Radiant Technology Core Values
Make a Positive Impact
Own It – Prioritize and Execute
Set Clear Expectations
- Perform installation tasks for audio visual projects including pulling cable, installing connectors, mounting product, cable terminations, speaker and microphone installations, rack installations and fabrication as needed.
- Coordinate and report progress to Project Manager.
- Follow project design and customer deliverables to ensure project meets time scope, budget, safety, and all customer requirements.
- Read and interpret project design drawings, architectural blueprints, and product manuals.
- Utilize hand and power tools, solder, and crimp connectors, terminate cabling, along with various other AV systems related tasks.
- Perform partial or full rack builds including populating, wiring, labeling, and dressing.
- Installation of projector and screen support structures.
- Testing of point-to-point cabling and overall functionality of systems.
- Complete field installation of control system programs as needed.
- Load and test code or modify under the direction of an engineer or programmer for control and DSP systems.
- Mentor and site supervise Installation Technicians.
- Communicate daily job site status to the Project Manager.
- If applicable, Review equipment list with customer upon delivery
- Complete project documentation as needed.
- Travel to various job sites required.
- Ability to lead 2-day or less projects not requiring commissioning.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Who you are
- You are driven by knowledge to build, learn, retain, and reuse skills.
- You can handle physical work that could include tools and ladders.
- You remain calm under pressure to meet deadlines.
- You enjoy communicating with customers and peers.
- You have a dedication to being responsible person.
- You enjoy some travel.
- You might have a technical background in, electronics, computers, live sound, events, high-end-home theater installations, movie/film construction, theater, or commercial audio video.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
If interested in this dynamic, exciting career opportunity, please get your most updated resume/CV to us today! Don’t forget to include a current email and active telephone number so we can contact you!
Be Social with Us!