Business Development Director
Strategic Human Resources Inc
Career Opportunity: Business Development Director with The Verdin Company in Cincinnati, Ohio (In-office position)
Do you have a background developing effective marketing strategies that drive sales growth and profitability? Can you sell a world-class product to a niche’ client base? Would blending your passion for music while increasing brand awareness motivate you? If you answered yes to these questions, we should talk!
The Business Development Director will lead the sales and marketing efforts for our Electronic Carillons, a multi-million-dollar product line of musical instruments that project the timeless sounds of digitally sampled cast bronze bells from bell towers and churches across the country. This position will function as the “CEO” of one of three major product lines within Verdin. We are looking for a business savvy, motivated candidate who is passionate about the sound of ringing bells and is inspired by the unique emotional and historic appeal that bells hold for our customers. This position reports directly to the CEO.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience with the following:
- Manage and support sales efforts of territory sales representatives:
- Recruit, hire, and train product-focused sales representatives.
- Work with sales management to configure sales territories and incentive compensation plans that drive productivity.
- Develop ambitious, achievable sales goals for each sales territory.
- Use CRM database to track sales activity and maintain up-to-date contact information for customers and prospects.
- Assist sales reps in developing sales proposals that best meet the needs and budgets of prospective customers.
- Collaborate with Marketing Dept. to develop and executing marketing plans that build brand awareness amongst existing customer base and penetrate new markets:
- Work with Marketing to develop compelling content for e-mail and direct mail campaigns, with particular emphasis on the emotional appeal of bells for houses of worship.
- Create systematic program for e-mail campaigns targeting existing customer base to maintain brand awareness and drive product upgrades.
- Work with Marketing to create content for advertising campaigns.
- Advise and support content creation for EC section of website.
Research & Development:
- Coordinate with Engineering on new product development and product upgrades.
- Work with Engineering to develop new product features based on market demand and competitive offerings.
- Collaborate with Engineering to prioritize product development so as to meet and anticipate customer demand.
- Work with Engineering to source components and auxiliary products that drive demand and expand margins for electronic carillon systems.
Additional qualifications include:
- Proven sales ability and business development experience in the B2B market.
- Experience in selling to the religious market, houses of worship is a plus.
- Musical background is a significant advantage, especially the ability to play a keyboard.
- Ability to use spreadsheets to analyze large data sets and discern valuable insights.
- A natural curiosity to learn about new products & markets, combined with the initiative and drive to become an expert in the field.
- Ability to write and speak clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
During the past 175+ years, The Verdin Company has installed our unique bell ringing and clock products at more than 70,000 customer locations across North America. These dedicated customers return to us on a regular basis to update their products to the latest technology.
This is an exciting opportunity to roll up your sleeves and make an impact in a company that is like no other in the world. Come join our company and be a part of our rich history by applying online today.
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. #ZR