Strategic Human Resources Inc
Career Opportunity: Case Manager with The Healthcare Connection in Cincinnati, OH
Are you passionate about providing patients with the best quality care and access to resources and services? Do you wish to make a difference by helping create the best quality of life for patients while working with a dedicated, caring healthcare team? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking a Case Manager to provide case management and outreach services to help our high risk/complex patient population achieve effective utilization of healthcare services. The Case Manager will assess these patients for social determinants of health that may be causing barriers to their health improvement, assist the patients to set self-management plans and goals, and provide resources and guidance for patients and family members to meet those goals moving forward.
The Case Manager will:
- Identify at-risk patients with high degrees of difficulty related to social determinants of health by administering screening tools (i.e. PRAPARE)
- Complete screening and assessment of patient/family needs including resource status, support system, physical, psychosocial, educational and all other needs
- Assist with the coordination of care for patients as directed by the healthcare providers while utilizing resources and working with an interdisciplinary team to achieve goals, objectives and integration of care
- Coordinate and facilitate a medically appropriate plan of care with the patient as directed by Primary Care Provider while synchronizing efforts with the Behavioral Health Provider to ensure duplication of efforts do not occur and information is shared
- Make recommendations and assist patients entering mental health and substance abuse programs
- Act as a patient advocate assisting with problem-solving; coaching/encouraging patients in the self-management of their health issues; providing resources and education as necessary
- Assure that follow-up clinic or specialist appointments are made, to get the assessments or screenings completed as directed by care team
- Maintains a database of patients served that includes all support services and efforts made to resolve issues of care
- Outreach and develop working relationships with other agencies whose services will be beneficial to patients
- Serve as a resource for the health team, patient and family
To be successful in this role, you need to promote the mission, vision and values of The Healthcare Connection and have experience working with pediatric and adult patients, as well as have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, sociology or psychology or related field required
- Experience with Microsoft Office; previous EMR experience preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of community resources
- Possess broad background of training and experience with diverse patient population
- One or more years of recent case management experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
The HealthCare Connection is a non-profit provider of whole person-centered care, including primary health and basic oral services for the underserved, uninsured and underinsured of Northern Hamilton County. We are the first federally qualified health center (FQHC) in the state of Ohio and one of the earliest established in the entire United States. The HealthCare Connection teams with other agencies in order to meet the complete needs of patients and is proud to be one of five health centers nationally honored as “Models That Work” by the United States Department of Health and Human Services in 1995. In 2002, the Ohio Association of Community Health Centers gave THCC the Landmark Recognition Award for pioneering work in community health. After over fifty years of service, today we remain a leader in providing affordable, quality care to all ages and cultures, and have been recognized as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) through the NCQA.
If you are passionate about helping others and looking for a great career in a caring, compassionate non-profit organization, apply by visiting our website at www.healthcare-connection.org.
The HealthCare Connection is committed to advancing health equity and encourages those with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Please, no phone calls, or third-party candidates. #ZR