Director of Development - Fundraising
Strategic Human Resources Inc
Career Opportunity: Director of Development – Fundraising needed in Cincinnati, OH with The HealthCare Connection
The HealthCare Connection is a non-profit provider of primary health and basic dental services for the underserved, uninsured and underinsured of Northern Hamilton County. We are the first federally qualified health center (FQHC) in the state of Ohio and one of the earliest established in the entire United States. Today, we remain a leader in providing affordable, quality care to all ages and cultures.
The Director of Development is responsible for working with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Resource Development Committee for planning and coordinating all aspects of fund development and public relations for The HealthCare Connection. Additionally, the Director of Development is responsible for providing leadership on all fundraising initiatives including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation and grant oversite; and is responsible for identifying, organizing and managing fundraising activities with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, faith communities, and individuals.
As the Director of Development, you will be responsible for leading:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, foundations, corporations, and special events.
- Provide monthly reports to the ED and the board which measure progress towards achieving the plan.
- Broaden THCC’s fundraising by developing approaches such as planned giving, solicitation of bequests, and endowment programs.
- Create a stewardship program for donors that includes regular written updates to individual, corporate and foundation donors.
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization's mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Establish and maintain personal contacts and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers.
- Ensure prompt acknowledgment of foundation gifts.
- Maintain grants calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving promptly, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
- Create and implement strategies for donor development and cultivation which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base for THCC.
- Keep up to date on current fundraising programs, practices and procedures used in the
- nonprofit sector and inform the affiliate leadership of items that would benefit THCC.
- Create and implement major gifts program, planned giving program, and volunteer giving program, as appropriate.
- Identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding.
- Build and maintain relationships with major donors of all types, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by other affiliate staff, board or
- volunteers, as appropriate.
- Work with the (Communications Specialist) to create and update collateral materials to support gift cultivation.
- Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed.
- Ensure that the eTapestry donor database information is current and accurate.
- Generate acknowledgement letters of all gifts and donations.
- Manage or oversee THCC events such as the 5k, Gala and Donor Engagement Events.
- Promote events to the business community to support THCC and provide support to those groups that want to host an event.
- Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to ensure that all aspects of a successful event are coordinated towards a common goal.
- Develop and solicit sponsors for events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of healthcare or nonprofit development and fundraising experience.
- Experience working in donor tracking system required (preferably with eTapestry).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows software and applications is required, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple complex responsibilities at the same time while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Must have excellent writing, analytical, and research skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written); and be proficient, effective, and accurate in the management of information and data, including data requiring a high level of confidentiality.
- Must possess professionalism, be team-oriented and have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detailed oriented and highly organized.
- Must have flexibility to attend special events and meetings which may include working evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Must have strong project management and planning skills and be able to work well independently on specific projects but also as a team with staff at all levels in the organization, including volunteers and donors.
- Demonstrated passion for THCC’s mission and values exemplified through work experience, leadership opportunities or community involvement.
Come join our team! Benefits comprise of; Insurance coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurances; Flexible Spending and Health Reimbursement Accounts; 403(b) Retirement Plan; PTO and Paid Holidays.
Submit your resume and salary requirements today by visiting our website at www.healthcare-connection.org.
The HealthCare Connection is committed to advancing health equity and encourages those with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Please, no phone calls, or third-party candidates. #ZR