Director of Fundraising and Development
Strategic Human Resources Inc
Career Opportunity: Director of Fundraising and Development with Ethiopian Tewahedo Social Services in Columbus, OH
Do you have a passion for making a positive impact on people’s lives? Are you a strong leader with a focus on collaboration and fulfilling the mission of an organization? If so, we have the opportunity for you.
As the Director of Fundraising and Development, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all fundraising for Ethiopian Tewahedo Social Services (ETSS), including grants, major gifts, annual fund, planned giving, special events, and capital campaigns. You are a part of the Senior Management team and report directly to the President & CEO of the organization.
Other responsibilities include:
- Identify and cultivate key relationships with prospective donors for diversified funding base, to include individual, corporate, and foundation leaders.
- Create and implement donor engagement campaigns, such as an annual fund campaign (Board of Directors, staff, volunteer) and capital campaign. Direct major fundraising campaigns, such as signature event, donor recognition event, annual meeting & on-site events.
- Manage the Development Department and all departmental staff.
- Work with the Board of Directors, including the Development Committee in fundraising related projects.
- Supervise the development and communication of outreach staff.
- Develop and implement short and long-term plan to meet the established fundraising strategy and goals.
- Serve as a representative of ETSS, make public appearances and serve as spokesperson at various community and networking events.
- Oversee management of gift processing, donor acknowledgement and donor database.
- Oversee organizational marketing, messaging, storytelling, communication materials, ETSS website, and social media to increase ETSS awareness and visibility.
- Manage the expense budgets for fundraising, marketing, and communication efforts.
- Other duties as necessary to support ETSS’ mission and programs.
To be successful in the position you will have:
- 5 years of professional fundraising and resource development experience with the ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment with a wide range of constituents.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize fundraising software and other computer programs, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of government and foundation grant process.
- Ability to analyze data, develop, and implement strategies for successful donor engagement and fundraising results.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Passion for the mission and vision of ETSS and knowledge of organizational branding and messaging.
At Ethiopian Tewahedo Social Services (ETSS), our mission is to be the focal point of integration for immigrants, refugee families, and low-income individuals in Central Ohio in order to improve the quality of their lives, to facilitate their integration through education, training, supportive services, and self-development opportunities, and to increase the awareness of their culture and heritage in Central Ohio.
We see a world where refugees and immigrants are welcomed and receive training and support services to enable them to be healthy and self-reliant contributing members of the American Society, and if you believe everyone deserves to be treated with compassion, respect, and dignity, ETSS may be a great fit for you. Come prepared to deliver the highest quality services and to build a career with opportunities, challenges, and rewards!
Excellent Team Environment
Great Health Benefits
401k Retirement Savings Plan w/ contribution
Flexible On-site/Remote work schedule
A great opportunity to make a difference in your community!
To learn more about the mission/values and ETSS, please visit our website:
Are you looking to serve a higher purpose that will positively impact members of your community? If you are ready for a new challenge and meet the qualifications outlined above, apply online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/V/D. #ZR