Strategic Human Resources Inc
Career Opportunity: Certified Pharmacy Technician with The Healthcare Connection in Cincinnati, OH
**A National Health Service Corp. (NHSC) Approved Site**
Do you enjoy being a crucial part of the pharmacy team? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your Pharmacy expertise to make a difference in the lives of patients and the community? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Certified Pharmacy Technician will assist the Pharmacy Director in ordering and maintaining inventory levels, dispensing of pharmaceuticals, providing customer service, follow regulatory compliance rules and any additional duties as assigned. We extend an inviting work environment and great hours with no weekends, no holidays: Monday through Friday (MTW 8-4:30, Th 8-6:30, F 8-2).
As the Pharmacy Technician, you will:
- Assists pharmacist in ordering and maintaining inventory levels.
- Prepares and dispenses pharmaceuticals while maintaining accuracy in all stages of the filling process.
- Searches patient profiles for refills and adds third party insurance information into system.
- Adjudicates prescriptions as well as resolve both transmission errors and third-party billing issues.
- Resolves patient questions and concerns and escalates issues to the pharmacist as needed.
- Restock pharmacy supplies.
To be successful in this role, you should have strong organization and customer service skills, and have:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- National Technician Certification is required
- 1-3 years of clinic or independent pharmacy experience preferred
- Experience with Medication Therapy Management (MTM), prior authorizations, 340B, and NextGen preferred
The HealthCare Connection is a non-profit provider of whole person-centered care, including basic oral services, behavioral and primary healthcare for the underserved, uninsured and underinsured of Northern Hamilton County. We are the first federally qualified health center (FQHC) in the state of Ohio and one of the earliest established in the entire United States. The HealthCare Connection teams with other agencies in order to meet the complete needs of patients and is proud to be one of five health centers nationally honored as “Models That Work” by the United States Department of Health and Human Services in 1995. In 2002, the Ohio Association of Community Health Centers gave THCC the Landmark Recognition Award for pioneering work in community health. After over fifty years of service, today we remain a leader in providing affordable, quality care to all ages and cultures, and have been recognized as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) through the NCQA.
Competitive pay and benefits are offered, and the individual may be eligible for NHSC Loan Repayment opportunities. If you are passionate about helping others and looking for a great career in a caring, compassionate non-profit organization, apply by visiting our website at https://healthcare-connection.org/current-openings/.
The HealthCare Connection is committed to advancing health equity and encourages those with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third-party candidates please. #ZR