Strategic Human Resources Inc
Career Opportunity: Assistant Teacher (Full time or Part time) with Primrose Schools in Centerville, Ohio
Do you love to sing, dance, tell stories and nurture young, energetic children? Are you enthusiastic about creating learning environments that nurture each child’s unique gifts and abilities? Would you like the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of children and their families? If you answered “YES!”, then we have your next opportunity.
Primrose Schools is a national family of accredited early education and care schools serving infants through kindergarten, after-schoolers, their families, and communities. With our Balanced Learning approach, we nurture curiosity, confidence, creativity, and compassion. This helps spark lightbulb moments that lead to a lifelong love of learning.
Starting Pay Rate: $12 - $14/hour
Make a difference every day.
- Spend your days building genuine relationships with each child.
- Work with your co-teacher to implement the lesson plans from the research-informed Balanced Learning® curriculum.
- Maintain a well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Discover what works best for each child as you teach them about the world around them.
We are looking for Assistant Teachers to provide a safe, nurturing, educational environment for children infant through 12 years old. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Centerville/Primrose School on Yankee and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety, and care of children.
- Supports Lead and Assistant Teachers with the implementation of approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore, and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Centerville/Primrose School on Yankee Employee Handbook.
- Assists in other capacities that Leadership team determines is necessary.
Desired skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of local childcare regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.
Does this opportunity sound like your next challenge? If so, please apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Please no third party candidates or phone calls. #ZR