Strategic Human Resources Inc
Career Opportunity: Pharmacy Director with The Healthcare Connection in Cincinnati, OH
**A National Health Service Corp. (NHSC) Approved Site**
Do you enjoy being an innovator and breaking new ground? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your Pharmacy expertise to make a difference in the lives of our patients and community? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking a Pharmacy Director to lead the new, fully implemented, in-house 340B pharmacy for our federally qualified health center (FQHC) in Northern Cincinnati. The position entails the continued quality improvement and communication of pharmacy policies and procedures for the in-house 340B pharmacy services; assisting in additional pharmacy staff selection; and growing the dispensing pharmacy service into a fully integrated comprehensive pharmacy program serving the patients of THCC. Other responsibilities of the selected professional include:
- Responsible for fulfilling Pharmacist-in-Charge (PIC) requirements, upholding the board of pharmacy, state, and federal law, ensuring all pharmacy personnel complies with all requirements of federal and state pharmacy and drug laws, rules, and regulations and providing direction and supervision of pharmacy staff.
- Serve as a full-time dispensing pharmacist.
- Supervise and mentor all THCC pharmacy staff.
- Collaborate with THCC human resources and administration to select additional pharmacy staff to support the mission and vision of the health center.
- Ensures proper pharmacy practice including but not limited to monitoring / evaluating / implementing prescription drug orders, dispensing prescription drug and device orders, educating patients on the proper use or delivery of medication, providing immunizations, completing drug regimen reviews, and medication therapy management. Responsible for compounding and labeling of drugs and devices and proper and safe storage of drugs and devices.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to uphold the mission and values of THCC. Review customer service provided by pharmacy staff to highlight best practices, encourage great service, train, and develop improvement plans for staff as needed.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications and characteristics within all drug operation environments of THCC.
- Serve as the ongoing organizational expert and resource of the 340B Federal and State Regulations for 340B compliance.
- Work closely with other staff, co-workers, peers, and other members of the health care team to ensure a positive and effective work environment.
- Maintain departmental budgetary procedures to ensure proper operational and capital planning, and appropriate and efficient use of resources.
- Drive continued quality improvement activities that support integrated comprehensive dispensing and clinical pharmacy services within THCC.
To be successful in this role, you need to be a strong leader and possess enhanced knowledge and skills related to community pharmacy, as well as have:
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D Degree from an accredited educational institution
- Current, good standing, unrestricted, pharmacist licensure in Ohio
- Certified Immunizer
- Two years or more of retail pharmacy experience
- Two years or more of pharmacy management experience
- 340B pharmacy experience, training, or education is preferred
- Federally Qualified Health Center experience is preferred but not required
The HealthCare Connection is a non-profit provider of whole person-centered care, including basic oral services, behavioral and primary healthcare for the underserved, uninsured and underinsured of Northern Hamilton County. We are the first federally qualified health center (FQHC) in the state of Ohio and one of the earliest established in the entire United States. The HealthCare Connection teams with other agencies in order to meet the complete needs of patients and is proud to be one of five health centers nationally honored as “Models That Work” by the United States Department of Health and Human Services in 1995. In 2002, the Ohio Association of Community Health Centers gave THCC the Landmark Recognition Award for pioneering work in community health. After over fifty years of service, today we remain a leader in providing affordable, quality care to all ages and cultures, and have been recognized as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) through the NCQA.
Competitive pay ($160,000 - $190,000/year) and benefits are offered, and the individual may be eligible for NHSC Loan Repayment opportunities. We extend an inviting work environment and great hours with no weekends, no holidays: Monday through Friday (MTW 8-4:30, Th 8-6:30, F 8-2). If you are passionate about helping others and looking for a great career in a caring, compassionate non-profit organization, apply by visiting our website at https://healthcare-connection.org/current-openings/.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third-party candidates please. #ZR