Medical Assistant / Bilingual Medical Assistant
Strategic Human Resources Inc
Career Opportunity: Medical Assistant and Bilingual Medical Assistant Openings with The Healthcare Connection in Cincinnati, OH
Are you a Medical Assistant looking to make a difference in your community and be part of a great team? Ready for a regular schedule with evenings and weekends mostly free? The HealthCare Connection has your next role!
We offer excellent benefits, steady hours and an opportunity to really make a difference in the community!
The Healthcare Connection offers quality healthcare to all ages, all cultures, all incomes, all health concerns. Duties include assisting Physicians and Nurse Practitioners as needed, checking in the patient, recording pertinent information into electronic health records, conducting requested screening/tests, responding to telephone inquiries, maintaining equipment and supplies in exam rooms and office, and coordinating referrals for patients.
As a Medical Assistant, you will work closely with the practitioners and other staff with patient treatment, ensuring the patient has a positive experience. You must be willing to provide care to both adult and pediatric patients. The Bilingual Medical Assistant role requires fluency in Spanish and a unique balance of compassion, knowledge and customer service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting providers with direct patient care including: interviewing the patient and documenting vitals and medical concerns and conditions
- Conducting requested screening/tests
- Drawing blood and administering shots to patients
- Responding to telephone inquiries
- Maintaining equipment and supplies in exam rooms and office
- Completing encounter forms and code as necessary
- Conducting referrals for patients
- Performing other duties necessary to provide excellent patient care to the patients and to support our providers
- Graduate of a certified Medical Assistant program
- Active CPR certification
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, but not required
- Prefer at least one year of experience in community health nursing setting or private physician practice.
- Preferred experience working with electronic health records, or proven computer skills a must
- Excellent communication and customer service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information and relate to persons from diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Experience working with persons of diverse educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds is a plus.
Founded in 1967, we were Ohio’s first community health center. Our mission is the same today as it was when we first opened our operation. We are a leader in providing affordable, quality healthcare to low-income, underinsured, underserved and uninsured persons living in northern Hamilton County. The HealthCare Connection offers a solid benefits package and an opportunity to make a difference in your own community, by serving our mission.
The HealthCare Connection offers a solid benefits package and an opportunity to make a difference in your own community, by serving our mission. Come join our team! Apply online today at https://jobapply.page.link/RuZd!
The HealthCare Connection is committed to advancing health equity and encourages those with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Please, no phone calls, or third-party candidates. #ZR