Director of Development, Marketing, and Grants
Strategic Human Resources Inc
Career Opportunity – Director of Development, Marketing, and Grants with Starfire in Cincinnati, OH
Are you driven by positively impacting the community around you? Do you have a passion for developing long-term, meaningful, professional relationships? Are you able to rally people to a cause? If so, we want to speak to you about this exciting opportunity!
As the Director of Development, Marketing, and Grants, you will lead all resource development lines of business – including corporate relations, major gifts, new business, donor relations, venture philanthropy, grants, and fundraising – while consistently maintaining superior revenue generating relationships. The Director will also develop and implement marketing and communication plans and strategies, including public relations, media relations, social media presence, online giving, digital communications, key messaging, storytelling, and brand experience. Additionally, this role will:
- Convey energy, meaning, and importance of Starfire’s mission and work at all times.
- Create and deliver effective, engaging, and innovative communications in order to distill complex information into simple, clear messages that resonate with clients, donors, and partners.
- Cultivate and solicit contributions from prospective and current individual and corporate donors, and secure private grants.
- Collect and record relevant donor and prospective partner information to forge partnerships, increase engagement, and sustain relationships.
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization's mission and programs to potential funders.
- Execute the development and implementation of social media marketing, public and media relations, website content, communication/resource development materials, and brand management.
- Value and leverage the power of external networks and relationships to develop and maintain strategic partnerships with community, donors, and business leaders, both local and global, to generate growth-level revenue and resources.
- Initiate new ways to generate revenue by creating and building venture philanthropy relationships.
- Craft ambitious yet realistic revenue goals and objectives and implement resource development plans that ensure long-term sustainability and growth.
- Develop and implement insightful 360-degree strategies, define annual operating plans, recognize and act on opportunities, shift gears and comfortably manage risk, recover from setbacks, and overcome obstacles.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Development, Marketing, and Grants role will possess a deep knowledge and understanding of the unique complexities of non-profit entities. You will be expected to lead with futuristic vision and a unifying approach. Other requirements of this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with at least 4 years of progressive experience in a similar role.
- Prior experience with grants research and writing.
- Comprehensive knowledge in nonprofit fundraising and marketing, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software.
- Ability to supervise interns and staff, and to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to participate in early morning, evening, and weekend meetings and events as needed.
With 30 years of service, Starfire is a nonprofit organization that empowers leaders to build community and inclusion alongside people with developmental disabilities. Starfire is a visionary organization working in partnership with people with disabilities to help them build richer, fuller lives in more inclusive communities. The data is clear - people with disabilities grow increasingly lonely and isolated as adults. Creating opportunities to engage at the individual level, Starfire connects people to relationships and helps them to unlock and discover their true talents and passions - so they can thrive in communities alongside their neighbors.
To learn more about Starfire visit our website and LinkedIn page:
If you’re ready to join a mission driven team with a passion for creating a better life for others, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. #ZR