VP of Finance
Strategic Human Resources Inc
CAREER OPPORTUNITY – VP of Finance with National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV), in Washington, DC
Are you a strong financial leader with a focus on collaboration and fulfilling the mission of a highly impactful organization? Do you thrive on ensuring the financial stewardship of an organization? If you answered yes, we want to speak to you!
As the VP of Finance with NNEDV, you will integrate long term strategic planning with the detailed work required for federal grant compliance. You will have overall financial management responsibility for NNEDV. You will report directly to the CEO and work closely with the VPs, Director of Human Resources/Equity and Inclusion, Development Team, and programmatic teams on budget development, expense tracking, grant applications and grants management. You will also supervise the Finance and Administrative Manager, the Budget Manager, and financial consultants.
This is a hybrid role. The right candidate will have the ability to work remotely but must be able to easily commute to the office in Washington DC when needed.
To be success in this role you must have exceptional collaborative interpersonal communication skills with the ability to compromise with and influence a strong advocacy focused team of leaders in the organization. Other requirements include:
- 7-10 years of strategic financial planning and analysis experience for a nonprofit organization.
- Executive level leadership experience with the ability to assess and upgrade internal controls to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in Federal, State, and Local Grant budgeting and compliance.
- Experience assigning and managing cost allocations across a variety of complex funding sources with complex rules to achieve optimal financial outcomes.
- Experience developing and delivering financial reports to advise leadership on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, grant compliance, and related matters.
- Experience leading and coordinating single audits and federal OIG audits.
- Proficiency in Sage Intacct (or similar accounting software).
- Intermediate to advance MS Excel skills.
- Experience providing oversight and support of an outsourced CPA on monthly financial processes and reports is a plus.
The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) was founded more than 30 years ago to be the leading voice for survivors of domestic violence and their advocates. We are a social change organization, dedicated to creating a social, political, and economic environment in which violence against women no longer exists.
NNEDV offers a range of programs and initiatives to address the complex causes and far-reaching consequences of domestic violence. Through cross-sector collaborations and corporate partnerships, we offer support to victims of domestic violence who are escaping abusive partners—and empower survivors to build new lives.
If you are looking for a rewarding, impactful opportunity with a strong mission of helping others in need, you have found it. Apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third-party candidates please.