Senior Director of Operations
Strategic Human Resources Inc
Career Opportunity: Senior Director of Operations with Liquid Manufacturing Solutions in Franklin, Ohio
Are you an exceptional leader with a focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement? Do you have operations leadership in a high quality and food safety environment? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can have a direct impact on the success and growth of a high-performance organization? If yes, we want to speak with you!
As the Senior Director of Operations, you will oversee management of all operations to deliver the most cost-effective products within world class quality and food safety standards. Achieve optimum labor, and least amount of overhead and resource costs balancing full time employees and temporary personnel. Ensure raw material availability, inventory and deliverables operate at levels which meet customers' needs and established financial benchmarks. Formulate and recommend policies, procedures and programs which guide the Company in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation. Direct activities so that approved deliverables are completed on schedule and within quality/food safety standards and cost objectives.
Specific Responsibilities / Accountabilities include:
- Providing day-to-day leadership and management reflecting and role modeling the core values of the Company.
- Directs operation staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Continuously assesses operations via a comprehensive set of key performance indicators. Tracks productivity and performance for the production floor, meeting and exceeding efficiency standards while maintaining operating costs within budget. Maintains performance with historical results while identifying and implementing steps to improve performance.
- Understands food safety and quality while ensuring standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production; ensuring fixed assets are preserved; initiating recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements along with identifying ways to drive cost out of the system.
- Advising leadership on potential issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, and training; ensuring managers and supervisors comply with company policies and administering practices in a fair and equitable manner.
- Ensures the manufacturing operations comply with safety, food safety, quality, and GMP requirements.
- Collaborates with the Food Safety Quality department to ensure compliance with all quality SOP's, maintaining audit ready status.
- Creates, and executes action plans to insure consistent, reliable plant performance and operational readiness of equipment through proper maintenance, new equipment evaluation and techniques.
- Exhibits strong collaboration skills to work effectively with all departments within the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additionally, the Senior Director of Operations should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university and/or 10-15 years of manufacturing experience, progressing through various levels of responsibility.
- 10 years’ experience in supervision of teams, managing manufacturing processes, production planning, strategic planning, dealing with complexity in (food) manufacturing.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills.
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills required.
- Ability to analyze downtime and financial variance trends, identifying actions to deliver expected performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed, including coaching, team building and training skills. Ability to effectively present information to all levels of the company
- Excellent time management, strong attention to detail; verbal and written communication skills, listening, decision-making, and organization skills required.
- Computer skills required, including Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality, working together, and creating innovation to exceed our clients’ high standards? Apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third-party candidates please.