Strategic Human Resources Inc
Job Opportunity: Mechanical Designer located East of Greenville, SC
Do you excel at customization of a global product base to meet client requirements? Do you want to be part of a global engineering team exceeding client requirements around the world? Are you looking to grow your skills under an engineering team’s mentorship? If yes, then we want to speak with you!
As a new plant startup, we are seeking a Mechanical Designer to be part of the global team and act as the coordination point for the plant with purchasing, quality, and production. In this role, you will customize global product designs to meet client unique requirements, gain approval, and coordinate production. Other responsibilities include:
- New product introduction (technical drawings/BOMs/instructions).
- Design customizations for existing products.
- Participate in Value Engineering activities in a proactive and innovative way.
- Set-up BOMs in cooperation with Purchasing.
- Support Purchasing and Quality in Supply Chain Management and Development.
- Support Production & LEAN functions whenever needed to reach optimum Operational performances.
- Support other Technical Departments when required and planned.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, willing to deal with different departments to ensure customer’s needs are fulfilled and possess the ability to quickly learn Company products. Other requirements for this position include:
- 3 years working experience in a similar role in a structured company.
- Have experience with ERP systems (BOMs).
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) or higher degree in Mechanical / Materials Engineering.
- Have a very good knowledge of CAD 2D and 3D (SolidWorks is a plus) design, MS Office and PDM environment.
- Possess basic knowledge in automation engineering.
- Possess innovative Production Processes basic know-how (as a Customer), for example additive manufacturing, is also a plus.
- Possess knowledge of metalwork design and basic knowledge of production processes (cutting, bending, forming, welding, finishing) in order to implement a sound Design for Manufacturing.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity, please apply online today!