Strategic Human Resources Inc
Career Opportunity: Plant Manager located East of Greenville, SC
Do you thrive at starting up new assembly operations? Is your strength providing leadership and operational excellence? Are you a plant manager with a focus on quality and efficiency? If so, we want to speak with you about our position!
We are seeking a Plant Manager to open a new Plant expanding existing product assembly capacity for the company. You will set and implement the operations strategy to meet company objectives and growth targets whilst driving a continuous improvement program to improve efficiency and performance. The Plant Manager will hire, lead, and mentor the local teams and develop a high-performance customer focused culture within the organization, along with the following:
- Manage and lead the ramp-up phase of the new facility.
- Putting the customer first, ensure that the company meets its objectives on a short term (annual) and longer term (3 year) period.
- Define the local strategy and work with your team to deliver year on year improvements.
- Deliver on the quality and health and safety targets ensuring a safe workplace.
- Manage and develop the supply chain in co-ordination with group supply chain strategy to minimize costs and complexity.
- Deliver products on time to customer requirements.
- Use metrics to evaluate performance and drive improvement programs focused on efficiency, safety, delivery quality, and costs.
- Actively develop a culture of continuous improvement though training and development.
To be successful in this role you will have great communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Other requirements include:
- Excellent knowledge of Operations Management in a high value small volume manufacturing plant.
- Experience of assembly and test processes in an electromechanical environment.
- Health and Safety knowledge in a production environment.
- Production process evaluation and LEAN process implementation.
- Good knowledge of ERP / MRP systems and use in production planning.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Ability to travel to UK, Europe, and China for training and product knowledge. Limited travel in this position after new facility startup.
- Project Management skills, preferred.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity, please apply online today!