School Programs Coordinator
Strategic Human Resources Inc
Job Opportunity: School Programs Coordinator with Cincinnati Opera in Cincinnati, OH
(Part-time and temporary role through 6/30/24)
Cincinnati Opera seeks a professional with excellent administrative and communication skills to promote and track its school programs. The ideal candidate has experience in primary or secondary education and familiarity with the performing arts. This is a part-time role at 20-25 hours per week. Reporting to the Director of Community Engagement and Education, the School Programs Coordinator is a member of the Community Engagement and Education team.
- Promote Cincinnati Opera’s programs to primary and secondary schools, as well as youth organizations in the Greater Cincinnati region.
- Serve as a primary liaison and communicator with schools.
- Manage record-keeping associated with school programs.
- Track feedback from schools, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Create and distribute regular reports on school programs for the Community Engagement and Education team and the Philanthropy team.
- Work with the Philanthropy team to develop a system for tracking progress toward the successful fulfillment of grant requirements.
- Collect stories and documentation of programmatic successes or impact.
- Embrace the company’s commitments to diversity and inclusion.
- Prioritize accuracy and completeness in recordkeeping and data entry.
- Operate with integrity and enthusiasm.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and school partners.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- An optimistic and solution-oriented temperament
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Experience working in primary or secondary education
- Familiarity and interest in opera/performing arts
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- The position requires work in an office setting.
This is a temporary, non-exempt position with an hourly rate range from $22 to $25 per hour, commensurate with experience. This is a part-time, temporary role that is not eligible for company benefits. The position is anticipated to continue through June 30, 2024.
About Cincinnati Opera
Founded in 1920, Cincinnati Opera is one of the oldest and most highly regarded opera companies in the United States. Known for its longstanding partnership with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, a roster of world-class singers, and its spectacular performance venue, Cincinnati Music Hall, Cincinnati Opera has received numerous accolades and awards, including a recent nomination for the prestigious International Opera Award. Cincinnati Opera offers a primary season of performances from June through August (paid attendance 15,000-20,000), plus a host of events throughout the year, including educational programming, small-scale public performances, recitals, and fundraisers.
How to Apply
Apply online today! Position is available immediately. An initial review of applications will take place on November 21, 2023.
Cincinnati Opera is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where all backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.