Policy Issue Specialist
Strategic Human Resources Inc
Career Opportunity – Customer Service/Claims Support Specialist with Unity Financial Life Insurance Company in Cincinnati, OH
Do you have experience in life insurance? Are you detail oriented with a passion for customer service? Would you like to turn that passion into a career? If you answered yes, we want to speak with you!
As a Customer Service / Claims Specialist, you will provide overall customer service and claims support to agents, funeral homes, and policyowners in accordance with policy contracts and state regulations, including auditing and reviewing policies to meet compliance requirements.
Additionally, you will:
- Own the secondary review for all Texas policies issued.
- Support the client experience, including but not limited to: applying renewal premiums, making policy changes as directed by policyowner and updating policy administrative system accordingly, processing EPOs (early payoff) or balancing payoffs as appropriate, processing surrenders and policy loans, processing freelooks, and providing payment histories as requested.
- Answer incoming customer service calls as needed.
- Assist with claims processing and research as needed.
- Respond to customer inquiries and explain policy provisions to customers.
- Monitor and execute various policy management reports (i.e., suspense reports, premiums on deposit).
- Check for, take care of and/or forward any general delivery messages.
- Prepare any customer correspondence as necessary.
- Research policy when needed.
- Prepare files for image.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years life insurance experience and/or LOMA matriculation is desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Self-starter, comfortable working in fast paced environment
Unity Financial is a family owned business committed to assisting families, funeral directors, and Estate Planners by providing life insurance and annuities that can be used to prefund funerals or assist in Medicaid eligibility. Our business is focused on delivering products that provide exceptional value for our customers, competitive compensation to our representatives, and a rewarding and friendly workplace for our employees.
If you are ready for a new challenge and meet the qualifications outlined above, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.