Finance and Administration Specialist
Strategic Human Resources Inc
CAREER OPPORTUNITY - Finance and Administration Specialist with Inclusive Housing Resources in Cincinnati, OH
Are you an experienced leader/finance professional? Do you enjoy functioning as a critical member of the leadership team? Are you forward-thinking and collaborative in seeking out best practices? If you answered yes, we want to speak with you!
The Finance and Administration Specialist will be a strategic thought-partner and will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Inclusive Housing Resources continues to grow affordable housing options in our region with a focus on people with disabilities and build our capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Administer Accounts Payable activities.
- Complete month end closing.
- Produce Month End Financial Statements.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to, and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration:
- Further develop IHR’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Maintain compliance with laws and best practices related to Human Resources practices.
- Process bi-weekly payroll, including tax and deduction administration, annual tax reporting and maintenance of payroll records.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants. This includes working with our technology and human resources consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Manage communications with the Board of Directors, including scheduling meetings, sharing board meeting materials, producing minutes to board meetings, and other board-related tasks as requested.
- Act as a primary point of contact as needed for the CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Minimum of a BA or equivalent experience.
- At least 5+ years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously.
- Technology savvy with experience managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Inclusive Housing Resources.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
Who We Are
Creating Opportunities for People with Disabilities to Live in Their Chosen Community
Inclusive Housing Resources (IHR) manages the Housing Network of Hamilton County and Partnerships for Housing. Through these organizations, IHR staff provide high quality, safe, affordable, and accessible housing for people with disabilities in Butler, Hamilton, and Clermont Counties. IHR staff also perform accessibility environmental modification services for individuals with coverage under their Medicaid Waiver.
Housing Network of Hamilton County
Through its partnership with Hamilton County Developmental Disabilities Services and Clermont County Board of Developmental Disabilities, IHR provides high quality affordable housing. This housing consists of Single-Family Homes, Condos, Duplexes, and quad apartment buildings. In these homes, our tenants rent a bedroom and use of the common area.
Partnerships for Housing
Through its partnership with Butler County Board of Developmental Disabilities, IHR provides high quality affordable housing. This housing consists of Single-Family Homes and Duplexes. In these homes, our tenants rent a bedroom and use of the common area.
If you’re ready to join a visionary team with a passion for creating a better life for others, apply today!
Diversity is more than a commitment at Inclusive Housing Resources — it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Employees may perform this role with or without reasonable accommodations.