Financial Aid and Student Accounts Specialist
Strategic Human Resources Inc
Job Opportunity – Financial Aid and Student Accounts Specialist with Modern College of Design in Kettering, OH
Do you enjoy working with students and being their point of contact for questions regarding financial aid? Are you eager to make an impact in students’ lives? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
The Modern has been selected as a Top Design School twelve years in a row by Graphic Design USA Magazine, and alumni of the college are leaders in the design industry. Recognized for its strong career placement rate, The Modern offers both an Associate’s Degree Program and a Bachelor’s Degree Completion Program. The campus provides staff and students with a creative, contemporary space in a popular southwest Ohio suburb that is close to art, music, and sports venues.
The Modern is seeking a dedicated and customer service driven Financial Aid and Student Accounts Specialist to be responsible for managing certain aspects of financial aid and student accounts for our students. You will report to the Director of Financial Aid and be the primary point of contact for students helping them setup, organize and manage their financial aid packages.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with enrolled students and their parents in-person or virtually to assist with creating their initial Financial Aid packages.
- Process student files including verification and financial aid input through an online process with third party servicers/Global FAS.
- Create student payment plans in Anthology Student, monitor plans, send monthly statements, and contact students with overdue payments.
- Receive student payments and give payment details to the Director of Financial Aid with instructions regarding the sources of money, accounts to be accessed, etc.
- Post all payments received to student accounts in Anthology Student.
- Link all scheduled payments received to payment plans in Anthology Student.
- Maintain accurate and complete student files and update data of all student accounts.
- Ensure all aspects of the job are handled within the guidelines of monitoring organizations (ACCSC, U.S. Department of Education, etc.)
- Provide administrative assistance to the Director of Financial Aid as requested.
Requirements for this position include:
- A minimum of two years of experience working in financial aid and demonstrated expertise in all areas of financial aid required.
- Knowledge of federal and accreditation compliance standards required.
- Prior experience working with Anthology Student preferred.
- A strong interest in working directly with students and families.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work independently are required.
- A college degree is preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Are you ready to join a creative team and to change students’ lives? Apply online at today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please. #ZR