Manual Machinist - 2nd Shift
Strategic Human Resources Inc
Job Opportunity – Manual Machinist / 2nd Shift with Kadant Black Clawson in Northern Cincinnati, OH
Do you have experience setting up and operating a variety of manually operated machine tools? Do you have an attention for detail? Do you thrive on solving complex problems? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
Kadant is looking for a Manual Machinist on 2nd Shift, (M-T 4:15P to 2:45A) to machine parts per blueprint or specific instructions using manual machine tools, such as Vertical Turning Lathes, Radial Drills, Horizontal Mills, Key Mills, Standard Lathes, and Blanchard Grinders. We offer a 20% shift differential.
Additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Set up, adjust, and efficiently operate manual machine tools to perform diversified and difficult operations requiring close/exact tolerances on products with various dimensions, while working with unusual contours and finish specifications.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors; i.e., speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials into machine.
- Choose the correct machine tooling for the specified operation.
- Start and observe machine operations to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine controls as required.
- Clean and perform basic maintenance on machine, tooling, and parts to ensure that equipment is in optimal production condition.
- Report exceptions to the traveler, including hours and material used, to shop lead so the MOM can be adjusted, if necessary.
- Maintain and inspect cutting tools for sharpness and usability.
- May weld hard tacks to secure parts as needed.
- Ability to operate various types of machine tools to perform progressive machining.
- Ability to read blueprints and plans.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrate KBC values of personal accountability, discipline, trust, and proactive action.
Kadant Black Clawson LLC is an industry-leading fiber processing equipment supplier that provides innovative solutions for stock pulp preparation including wastepaper recycling, deinking, virgin fiber, and paper machine approach-flow applications. We utilize the latest future forward design methodologies and state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment. We are proud of our technical capabilities and our mission to provide robust and efficient solutions towards a more sustainable world.
To learn more about Kadant Black Clawson, visit our website:
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality and continuous improvement in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.