Calibration Technician I
More Reasons to Join The Team
The Modal Shop offers a highly collaborative, team-based atmosphere with (bonus!) a casual dress code. We celebrate successes with team-wide events, offer ongoing professional development opportunities, and bring out our Modal Spirit for the holidays and special events (we’re talking Chili Cook-Offs, The Modal Olympics, Cornhole Tournaments, and more!). Total Customer Satisfaction, for internal and external customers alike, is at the heart of our business and guides our interactions every day. The Modal Shop also provides all full-time team members with 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for you and your family. Our full-time team also receives 3 weeks of PTO per year in addition to 10 paid holidays.
As a member of our Calibration Team you will perform a variety of basic tests on manufactured products by following written procedures, under close supervision. You will utilizes basic electrical and mechanical test equipment such as meters, shakers, test fixtures, and calibration stations. This individual will perform calibrations of accelerometers, microphones, other sensors and equipment and also performs test equipment setup, assembly tasks, and calibrations that require the ability to follow both written and verbal instructions. You will develop knowledge of techniques, materials, tools and equipment and document accurate calibration results to ensure compliance with calibration standards of ISO 17025, ISO 16063, ANSI Z540 per accreditation through A2LA. This individual is responsible for ensuring compliance with and supports continuous improvement of the Modal Shop Quality System (MSQS) and also supports the Modal Shop’s core values while performing the following job duties.
All actions are to be guided by Amphenol Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- Responsible to follow all Modal Shop (TMS) procedures and forms in compliance to ISO 9001, ISO17025 and other applicable standards.
- Perform calibrations on sensors and equipment using delegated stations and resources.
- Compares test results with manufacturer specifications to verify tests were performed correctly and data reported is accurate. Reports any out of specification results to appropriate team member.
- Responsible for understanding and following proper electro-static discharge (ESD) protocol.
- Performs all calibration and related tasks efficiently and accurately by following established written procedures.
- Responsible for verifying that all tested or calibrated products meet specifications.
- Responsible for monitoring and logging environmental conditions during calibrations.
- Ensures calibration equipment is within calibration cycle; informs the team when dates are close to expiration.
- Communicates with the team concerning any problems with product testing equipment.
- Observes all safety precautions per department guidelines when operating test equipment.
- Keeps work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Retrieves equipment and parts from inventory for customer orders or calibration services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand for up to 8 hours for tradeshow and customer installations. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.**Minimum Qualifications:Education/Experience: **High school graduate or equivalent. Training in-house, on the job, specific to product-line. Metrology testing lab experience preferred but not required.**Job Requirements: **Must have good communication skills both written and verbal. Must have basic computer skills as required for operating calibration software and familiarity with Excel.Physical Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
100% employer paid medical, dental and vision premiums
3 weeks of PTO
Company paid life insurance, short and long term disability
Casual work environment
Eligible for Company Profit Based Annual Bonus
Company HRA and HSA annual contributions