Marketing Event Specialist
More Reasons to Join The Team
The Modal Shop offers a highly collaborative, team-based atmosphere with (bonus!) a casual dress code. We celebrate successes with team-wide events, offer ongoing professional development opportunities, and bring out our Modal Spirit for the holidays and special events (we’re talking Chili Cook-Offs, The Modal Olympics, Cornhole Tournaments, and more!). Total Customer Satisfaction, for internal and external customers alike, is at the heart of our business and guides our interactions every day. The Modal Shop also provides all full-time team members with 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for you and your family. Our full-time team also receives 3 weeks of PTO per year in addition to 10 paid holidays.
About the Role
The Modal Shop’s Marketing Event Specialist is the responsible for all online and offline events for prospects and customers for the MTS Systems Sector. Primary focuses include execution of an annual plan, budgeting for all events, and ensuring event attendee growth. A TMS Marketing Event Specialist is an amazing communicator with high attention to detail and organizational skills.
- All actions to be guided by the MTS Global Code of Ethical Business Conduct – Leading with integrity.
- Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- Follows all TMS procedures and forms in compliance to ISO 9001, ISO17025 and other applicable standards.
- Demonstrate insightful contributions that display accountability while delivering TCS to internal and external teams
Marketing Event Specialist - Coordinates and Plans Events
- Collaborates with Product Groups and Marketing Team to act as the hub for all online and offline event related information. Responsible for all show, seminar, and webinar support.
- Develops tradeshow and event budgets and proxies, defining and executing event plans while tracking ROI for each show attended to evaluate repeat attendance
- Maintains show, seminar, and webinar schedules, project checklist, and processes through management templates
- Researches new shows and events to assess areas of interest, target market and application compatibility, attendee demographics, etc. to evaluate additions to budget and schedule
- Responsible for successful execution of shows, seminars, and webinars, including booth development, product content and presentation, venue management, and lead generation
- Hosts meetings pre and post event to ensure strategic direction, execution of goals, and communication between team members
- Coordinates logistics and deliverables for events (booking booth and meeting space, creation of registration badges, managing housing, coordination with Production Team for packing and sending exhibition material from TMS and returning exhibition materials to TMS)
- Works closely with Product Groups to define needs for new materials and establish deadlines for delivery
- Develops staffing schedules for events
- Travels to and supports onsite execution and management of key events, including show set-up and take-down as needed
- Plus, other duties as assigned
Events Messaging and Lead Management
- Assists in creation and send of event communications in collaboration with supporting FAEs or office
- Ensures processing of leads in CRM system, follow-up by product teams and distribution to sales force for sales related actions
- Performs list management for Marketing Team by providing queried customer lists from CRM monthly for product group outbound messaging
- Pulls monthly data from all outbound messaging for evaluation with Marketing Team
Maintain Company Association Memberships
- Coordinates key technical memberships with Product Groups and Marketing Team
- Performs other related duties as assigned or needed for the efficient operation of the team
Responsibility for Social Media Presence
- Coordinates weekly publishing to social media channels for events, newsletters, and product features. Drives social media presence and engagement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or needed for the efficient operation of the team.
Education: Bachelors degree
Experience: Experience is not required, but is preferred
Job Requirements: Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Travel: Some travel required
Experience: 1-2 years of relevant work experience is preferred
100% Company paid health insurance, short term and long term disability and life insurance
Annual company bonus
Additional voluntary benefits and 401k
HRA and HSA Company contributions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.