More Reasons to Join The Team
The Modal Shop offers a highly collaborative, team-based atmosphere with (bonus!) a casual dress code. We celebrate successes with team-wide events, offer ongoing professional development opportunities, and bring out our Modal Spirit for the holidays and special events (we’re talking Chili Cook-Offs, The Modal Olympics, Cornhole Tournaments, and more!). Total Customer Satisfaction, for internal and external customers alike, is at the heart of our business and guides our interactions every day. The Modal Shop also provides all full-time team members with 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for you and your family. Our full-time team also receives 3 weeks of PTO per year in addition to 10 paid holidays.
About the Role:
As an Inventory Specialist with The Modal Shop, you will be responsible for the performance of all functions necessary to accomplish inventory tasks required to maintain accurate inventory data for rental, perpetual and expense inventory. Other areas of responsibility include the performance of functionality testing, maintenance and restocking of rental sensors, meters and shakers as well as documenting inventory variances and assisting with the resolution. You will work with our internal team regarding all inventory related issues and procedures. The ideal candidate displays ownership and accountability for inventory transactions.
Follow all TMS procedures and forms in compliance to ISO 9001, ISO17025 and other applicable standards.
Additional duties include but not limited to the following:
- Teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction”.
- Process incoming packages from vendors, unpack, sort and stage for processing.
- Process incoming rental, demo and other equipment as necessary.
- Inspect incoming inventory and equipment for ESD safe packaging, labeling with quantity, description.
- Stock inventory to locations, relocate inventory, and create inventory locations.
- Update and maintain inventory location and mapping report.
- Update and maintain inventory serial number and lot-tracking information.
- Pick inventory items for job and rental orders using both scan and manual methods.
- Review inventory item shortages for job and rental orders, communicating with planners and rental team.
- Issue inventory materials to jobs and rental orders in electronic databases.
- Perform counts of inventory to verify accuracy of book inventory.
- Identify and process perpetual salable inventory that require proactive calibration.
- Identify and schedule rental equipment that requires functionality testing before restocking.
- Perform functionality testing on rental equipment.
- Communicate with Rental team to determine disposition of rental inventory when returned damaged or failing functionality.
- Assist with non-conforming inventory staging and with reporting of open items.
- Assist with disposition of non-conforming inventory and communication with vendor/suppliers.
- Work with Teams for continual improvement of inventory storage/shelving.
- Actively participate and be responsible for cable rolling/cleaning operation.
- Perform any pre-shipment value added work as needed by Production Technicians, Rental Team Application Engineer, or other.
- Maintain inventory areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observe all safety precautions per department guidelines when operating test equipment, and follows all safety rules.
- Perform other related duties as directed for the efficient operation of TMS and the production department.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1 to 2 years work experience in office or production environment. Working Knowledge of Syteline ERP System a plus.
Job Requirements: Must have good communication skills both written and verbal; have computer skills; PC literate MS Office and MS Windows based environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand for up to 8 hours for tradeshow and customer installations. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.