Cloud Data Security Encryption
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Top 3 Skills:
• Data Security & Protection
• Cloud Computing (Azure and AWS)
This role is PREFERRED hybrid in Cincinnati or Twin Cities, MN. Team members who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at the listed U.S. Bank location(s), while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days. This position MAY be open to fully remote.
- Typically a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Typically eight or more years of relevant experience
Experience should include:
- 5+ years in cryptographic engineering with an understanding of impacts to network performance and security; including key management, security protocols (TLS, SSH, etc…)
- 3+ years with cloud-native security for Azure and AWS (experience in both is required)
- 5+ years technical expertise in data protection or data security controls and strategy
- 7+ years demonstrated working knowledge of IT environment including service-oriented and IT architecture, industry trends and direction, system and technology integration, and IT standards, procedures and policies, and emerging technologies.
- 3+ years in designing cloud frameworks ** OR ** implementing cloud security.
- 3+ years with cyber security processes and tools (e.g., for scanning, monitoring, threat detection and response)
- Can effectively communicate cryptographic concepts to a range of different audiences, from those familiar with the technologies to non-technical individuals.
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with co-workers, customers and management.
- Thorough understanding of the applicable information security systems, policies, and procedures
- Effective communication, presentation skills, leadership, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Professional communication skills (writing reports for management/senior management, presenting to small groups/forums, etc.)
- Proven and influencing skills
- Ability to multi-tasking efficiently in fast-paced environment
- Proactive learner who can quickly identify skills and proficiency gaps and create personal development goals to address.
- Relevant cloud certifications (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Relevant security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM)
- Cyber Security Fundamentals (Familiarity with key concepts of Vulnerability Management, Network Security/Secure Transmission Management, Data Loss Prevention, Identity Access Management, Threat Intelligence, Penetration testing, IT Risk Management)
- Networking Fundamentals (OCI Model, TCP/IP, Interconnecting Network Devices, SSH, SSL/TLS Encrypted Communications, X.509 Certificate Management, Kerberos, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS\
- Proven ability to concentrate and demonstrate a capacity for learning technical concepts and adapting to new technologies quickly.
- Demonstrated experience with modern networks, storage, database, virtualization, cloud, and security technologies
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $119,595.00 - $140,700.00 - $154,770.00U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.