Principal AI Scientist - Payments Analytics Studio
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
We are seeking an exceptional hands-on technical leader with a proven track record to join the Payments Analytics Studio within U.S. Bank’s Enterprise Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (EAA) group. This executive-level individual contributor will be responsible for building and delivering solutions leveraging AI and machine learning technologies in support of the Bank’s Payments business line, with particular emphasis on fraud identification and mitigation, but also in the areas of credit risk, marketing, operations, and product design.
- Collaboratively identifying project opportunities by partnering with EAA colleagues, Payments business line stakeholders, and technology and innovation partners
- Leading the design, development and deployment of novel applications leveraging Machine Learning and Analytics – independently and through leading project teams of data scientists, researchers, and business/technology partners
- Scanning industry and academia in search of new frameworks, techniques, and paradigms for analytic fraud mitigation
- Hands-on experimentation in the development of proof-of-concept prototypes
- Fostering a culture of rapid, agile, and collaborative solution engineering and data-driven decision making within the greater organization
The ideal candidate will have previously served in an executive/leadership capacity in the use of advanced AI/ML algorithms to support fraud detection in the financial industry. Also, he/she should be equally comfortable working in a hands-on capacity as in a thought leadership/project management/mentorship role.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Data Science), plus eight years of experience in a highly quantitative position
- Five years of experience developing and deploying AI/ML solutions within a financial institution
- Three years of experience related to the fraud domain, ideally within a financial services institution
- Three years managing/mentoring analytic professionals
- Extensive hands-on experience with AI/ML tools employing large data sets within a general Python framework
We look forward to speaking to all candidates who meet the above criteria and are seeking an exciting opportunity to work with substantial quantities of rich data and create/capture value at one of the nation’s leading consumer credit card issuers.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $140,930.00 - $165,800.00 - $182,380.00