Regional Communications Manager, East Region
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
U.S. Bank is currently seeking a Regional Communications Manager for the East Region of U.S. Bank's Consumer and Business Banking (CBB) business line, who will be responsible for developing and executing communications plans in support of the the bank in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Arkansas and Missouri. CBB provides a broad array of retail, business banking, and lending services to customers and operates more than 2,000 branches in all bank markets. This individual will be the communications link between the head of the East Region, the broader CBB team, and U.S. Bank’s Public Affairs & Communications team. This individual will report into the company’s centralized Public Affairs & Communications line of business, directly supporting the East Region leader, as well as the CBB market leaders in the identified markets, ensuring consistency by staying closely connected to others with regional roles. Additional responsibilities include:
• Provides media relations on behalf of CBB and other business lines of the bank, as well as expert communications consultation;
• Assists with the development of internal communications;
• Leads communications and employee engagement efforts for the regional team;
• Provides additional support and resources, such as media coaching, speaking engagements, and expanded storytelling opportunities;
• Develops regional CBB communications plans that support and align with the overall CBB communications strategy;
• Plans, manages, and evaluates company-wide communication strategies to ensure effective communication to employees, shareholders, and the community;
• Works with various business groups and senior management to develop and implement strong communication plans that will assist in meeting company goals and objectives;
• Evaluates complex information and strategically determines appropriate method of communication based on topic and company goals;
• Edits internal and external publications, writes speeches, and provides media support;
• Oversees communications consulting and community relations projects;
• Represents U.S. Bancorp at various community, business, and educational events; and
• Provides project management for special communication efforts, including acquisitions and divestitures.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Eight to ten years of experience in communications activities
- Proven communication management skills, including strong writing and editing capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research, analysis, and interviewing skills
- Well-developed organizational and project management skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence internal and external parties
- Supervisory/management experience
- Ability to manage highly-complex projects with a multitude of stakeholders with the ultimate objective of driving business results
- Ability to travel up to 10% weekly may be required
This role is hybrid. Team members who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at a U.S. Bank location, while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days. Must be at a pertinent location within the U.S. Bank footprint.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $92,480.00 - $108,800.00 - $119,680.00