Sr. Systems Administrator - Exchange / Teams Messaging Engineer
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
This role is hybrid in Portland, OR. Team members who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at the listed U.S. Bank location(s), while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
This role is remote in Minneapolis, MN.
- As a Senior Systems Administrator – Microsoft Exchange and Teams Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, and administering messaging system platforms and related sub-systems while ensuring compliance and user satisfaction.
- Coordinating and performing configuration changes and application upgrades for messaging systems and services.
- Lead and participate in messaging related projects to deliver new services, new functionality, and application integration.
- Creating and updating various messaging infrastructure diagrams and flowcharts.
- Develop, maintain, and document detailed knowledge of messaging systems, processes, and procedures.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure integration and compatibility of messaging systems and services.
- Participate in department 24x7 On-Call rotation to provide level Tier 4 support during and after regular business hours.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 6 years experience with the design, development and support of technology infrastructure.
Experience Should Include
- Minimum five years of experience in messaging system engineering, administration, or support with at least three years’ experience in Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online and on-premises Exchange administration with a large corporation.
- Minimum two years of experience in Microsoft Teams administration.
- Proficient in PowerShell scripting skills to automate messaging processes and reporting.
- Proficient in Azure identity, access, security with a clear understanding of core Azure services, such as networking, software and servers in the cloud.
- Experience with email security and protection solutions.
- Strong communication, collaboration research and problem-solving capabilities. Ability to provide clear instructions to IT partners, explaining how the software works to the customer and being available to answer any questions that may arise.
- Using analysis and critical thinking skills to determine and assess the needs of the customer to meet or exceed their expectation.
- Proficiency in SharePoint, OneDrive, and other Microsoft 0365 applications.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Applying keen attention to detail and organization to work on numerous parts of a system or application at the same time while being accurate and thorough.
- Excellent time management, decision-making, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Desire to provide superior customer service.
- Microsoft Messaging Certifications; MSCE, MSCA, Teams Administrator Associate
- Cisco IronPort ESA and SMA Management
- Proofpoint Email Security solutions
- Email Compliance Management
- Microsoft Windows Server current versions
- Networking design and concepts
- IT service management (ITSM)
- Project Management skills or equivalent experience
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $42.16 - $56.20 - $61.82