Senior Software Engineer - Digital Channel Support
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, operating and maintaining products
- Takes full stack ownership by consistently writing production-ready and testable code
- Consistently creates optimal design adhering to architectural best practices; considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs
- Performs analysis on failures, propose design changes, and encourage operational improvements
- Makes sound design/coding decisions keeping customer experience in the forefront
- Takes feedback from code review and apply changes to meet standards
- Conducts code reviews to provide guidance on engineering best practices and compliance with development procedures
- Accountable for ensuring all aspects of product development follow compliance and security best practices
- Exhibits relentless focus in software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards
- Embraces emerging technology opportunities and contributes to the best practices in support of the bank’s technology transformation
- Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement
- Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for incremental delivery; anticipates and communicates blockers and delays before they require escalation
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to six years of relevant experience
This is a hybrid role can be based out of any one of these locations - Irving TX, Atlanta GA, Minneapolis MN, Denver CO,
Effective problem-solving and analytical skills
Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
Experience working applications using Kubernetes platform is preferred
Must be familiar with observability and APM tools like Splunk, ELK, AppDynamics etc
Good understanding of Architecture patterns and resiliency.
Programing experience in Java and Spring boot is a plus
Strong microservices application support experience.
Proficient understanding of algorithms, data structures, architectural design patterns and best practices.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $112,880.00 - $132,800.00 - $146,080.00