2024 Corporate Finance Summer Intern
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
What you’ll do
Finance is the undercurrent of everything we do and has the opportunity for exposure to every part of the company. Throughout our 10-week paid internship, you’ll learn finance principles and skills through accelerated formal training, mentorship and a community of peers and advisors.
As a Finance Intern, you’ll:
- Get hands-on experience working on corporate finance projects that impact the business
- Enhance your finance integrity understanding and learn the foundations of corporate finance related to business strategies
- Develop finance and business acumen through training, mentorship, and exposure to senior executives
- Build a supportive community of peers through a variety of cohort strengthening activities such as social events, volunteer days, and development workshops
Who we’re looking for
Are you inquisitive, analytical, and interested in influencing the direction and strategic growth of the fifth-largest bank in the U.S.? If you’re curious about business strategies and interested in how to account for those strategies in forecasting, advising, and allocating funding, our Finance Internship might be right for you!
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a target graduation date of December 2024 or May 2025
- Basic understanding of financial or accounting terms, concepts, and applications
- Ability to start internship program on June 10, 2024
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think and work independently within a professional setting
- Coursework or extracurricular activities related to Finance, Accounting or Treasury
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Flexibility to work within a multi-discipline team and receive dynamic on-the-job training
- Highly organized; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
Working model and hours:
This role is hybrid. Interns who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at the listed U.S. Bank location(s), while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
Interns work approximately 40-hours each week during the internship.
The application process
If you are interested in applying and learning more, click on the Apply Now icon to submit your application. First round interview are behavior based interviews conducted virtually. If selected to move forward, your interviewer will provide additional details on the next steps. Most applications will be closed on September 29, 2023.
- Meaningful, hands-on work that impacts the business
- Networking opportunities with senior leadership, U.S. Bank team members, and interns
- Option for sign-on bonus
- Potential for a fulltime offer upon graduation into a rotational program
- Option to participate in case competition working on cross functional teams
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $20.00 - $26.68 - $29.35