Impact Finance - Strategy Operations Manager
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
The Strategy Operations Manager will support the Strategy team with identification, design, development and implementation of processes, workflows and tools that enable consistent communication, resources, and support for team operation in alignment with the organization’s growth. This position will be responsible for tracking progress towards team goals with a lens on strategic alignment, operational efficiency, and system organization.
The Strategy Operations Manager will proactively partner with team members, offering operational support, bringing resources to ensure successful and timely completion of work in accordance to team needs, and bringing creative solutions & insights to solve workflow issues and increase team effectiveness. The individual will also build a framework for the team to assess capacity, ensure consistency in tracking work and performance, and enabling our team to proactively support the rest of the organization.
- Design and maintain systems that provide transparency and accurate, consistent documentation of project plans, statuses, and milestones, including utilizing innovative tools to track and visualize progress and enable data-driven decisions.
- Develop or adapt technology tools and set up organizational systems for team efficiency including Teams collaboration sites, workflow, and document storage/management.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and teamwork across functional teams, including managing team meetings & communication channels for check ins, team building and information sharing.
- Support team development with a thoughtful, intentional learning agenda, providing research, analytical and technical subject matter expertise to inform strategy and build capabilities.
- Collaborate with key partners from Communications, Business Transformation, Finance, Business Impact, and product teams to understand their requirements and expectations and bring updates on capacity, project progress and outcomes.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging technologies related to strategy operations, change management and effective team workflow; drive a culture of continuous improvement on team.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Eight to ten years of experience in project management activities
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to analyze data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and attention to detail
This role is hybrid. Team members who are in a hybrid role spend three days a week at the listed U.S. Bank location, while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
U.S. Bancorp Impact Finance, the tax credit and community development division of U.S. Bank, believes all people have a right to the possibilities that comes with living in a safe and vibrant community. The financing USBIF provides for affordable housing, economic development, and renewable energy projects have a lasting social and environmental impact in communities. Visit USBIF on the web to find out more at www.usbank.com/cdc.
U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation is now operating as U.S. Bancorp Impact Finance. All job postings under U.S. Bancorp Impact Finance reside within the USBCDC organization.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $95,285.00 - $112,100.00 - $123,310.00Job postings typically remain open for approximately 20 days of the posting date listed above, however the job posting may be closed earlier should it be determined the position is no longer required due to business need. Job postings in areas with a high volume of applicants, such as customer service, contact center, and Financial Crimes investigations, remain open for approximately 5 days of the posting listed date.