Network Ops Center Analyst 2
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves IT incidents.
- Manages production systems to ensure efficient and effective processing.
- Works with technical support groups to implement new hardware, software, and application technologies.
- Demonstrates the sense of urgency and commitment required for the success of a 24/7 operation.
- Serves as a technical resource for less experienced team members.
- Collaborates with other IT staff in developing solutions to known problems to ensure the availability of production and on-line systems.
- Analyzes Network Operations Center application and system events using appropriate test structures and related diagnostics.
- Analyzes system errors and takes corrective action.
- Analyzes and manipulates processing schedules in accordance to established procedures and service level expectations.
- Interprets and applies the policies, procedures, and precedent cases related to the services offered through the Network Operations Center along with ongoing Network Management and performance analysis
- Defines and communicates general, technical, and operational policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Examines and documents Network Operations Center standards, policies, and procedures.
- Responds to complex problems escalated by U.S. Bank staff pertaining to all network related hardware and software products supported by the (PCC) Production Command Center to achieve key business objectives.
- Performs recovery testing to confirm network availability and resiliency.
- Provides technical guidance and consults with vendors and other network support units to identify and resolve complex network issues.
- Represents the Global Network Support Team on Critical or Enterprise-wide Network issues, and in various crisis management situations.
- Helps to ensure that risks are identified, communicated, and mitigated and that projects are delivered successfully and on time.
- Provide clear and concise executive level communications and updates on status, issues, and risks.
Open to work: 6:30am-5pm Sunday through Wednesday
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of experience with a data center operating environment, day-to-day operational requirements, and the operation of production systems and equipment.
- Experience in Computer operations
- Experience in Hardware infrastructure
- Experience in IT systems management and IT Telecommunications
- Strong networking background, knowledgeable in TCP/IP networking and LAN/WAN Routing, Switching and BGP protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills including prior experience building effective and collaborative relationships within a complex network environment.
- Knowledge of management and monitoring of cloud platforms
- Experience with automation tools/platform
- Experience writing automation tools & eagerness to “automate all the things”
- Experience supporting infrastructures and configuration of SaaS applications with a focus on automation and infrastructure as code
- CCNA certification.
- Excellent problem-solving skills will include the ability to effectively drive vendors to resolve critical problems.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $29.42 - $39.23 - $43.15Job postings typically remain open for approximately 20 days of the posting date listed above, however the job posting may be closed earlier should it be determined the position is no longer required due to business need. Job postings in areas with a high volume of applicants, such as customer service, contact center, and Financial Crimes investigations, remain open for approximately 5 days of the posting listed date.