Business Intelligence Technical Product Manager
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
U.S. Bank is seeking a skilled Business Intelligence Technical Product Manager with expertise in Power BI and additional proficiency in Tableau. The ideal candidate will have experience with the Microsoft Power Platform, including Power Apps and Power Automate. Experience in creating SharePoint sites is also essential. Experience with Microsoft Fabric and Azure Synapse is a definite advantage.
As a Business Intelligence Technical Product Manager at U.S. Bank, one of your key responsibilities will be to onboard business lines to our analytic products and help guide and coach our customers through their use cases as a subject matter expert. You will also work with our stakeholders to develop standards and best practices for best-in-class deployments of our analytic tools. You will also help evolve our processes through automation to streamline tasks and reduce errors. You will provide incident support and represent our customers through vendor cases when issues arise.
As a technical product manager for business intelligence, you will also play a critical role in our change management process, articulating a strategy to move the analytic platforms forward through new products, upgrades, and features. You will also promote our products and services through our different community sites and internal events.
What you will do
- Assists in the intake process, including recommending the most appropriate analytic tool for a given use case.
- Onboard business lines to the Power BI Service, On-Premises Power BI Report Server, or Tableau.
- Provide demos to prospective customers.
- Assists in small POCs for proving specific use cases.
- Key participant in a team coordinating internal Power BI User Groups (PUG) and Tableau User Groups (TUG).
- Helps develop and publish standards and best practices around Power BI and Tableau.
- Attends and presents in Power BI & Tableau collaboration sessions representing the Adoption and Enablement team.
- Work towards ongoing process improvement and automation.
- Monitors the On-Premises Report Server, Power BI service, and Tableau to gather performance and usage metrics.
- Works with the platform team to establish the On-Premises Report Server and Tableau software roadmap.
- Works with the platform team packaging and distributing the Power BI Cloud desktop for internal distribution.
- Monitors ServiceNow Catalog requests for Power BI and Tableau end-user support
- Monitors Viva Engage communities for questions.
- Helps update our SharePoint sites to reflect our products and showcase self-help documentation.
- Part of a team providing L1 (24 X 7) support of Power BI.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a related discipline, i.e., Analytics, Computer Science.
- Proficient in designing and building Power BI reports and dashboards, including data modeling, power query, and DAX functions.
- Experience in creating and scheduling paginated reports with Power BI Report Builder.
- Experience with the Power Platform, specifically Power Apps and Power Automate.
- Experience building and maintaining SharePoint sites.
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to extract, collect, organize, analyze, and interpret results for insights.
- Proficient in the design and building of Tableau reports.
- Strong troubleshooting and query performance tuning skills.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience in building and promoting analytics communities.
- Knowledge in the administration of Power BI, including the on-premises Report Server, the Power BI service, and the on-prem Data Gateway.
- Experience with the PowerBI API, including PowerShell scripting.
- Proficient in the governance of the Power BI Service, including data and application governance.
- Experience with the implementation of Microsoft Fabric.
- Familiarity with the creation of Tableau sites and user administration.
- Experience with Alteryx designer and server
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, including Synapse.
- Agile/Scrum team experience.
- Experience with other BI tools for querying data and for data manipulation/transformation
- Microsoft Certifications related to the position.
- Experience in financial services, with financial services products, customers, transactions, and interaction data.
- ServiceNow ITSM Incident and Change Management.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $116,280.00 - $136,800.00 - $150,480.00Job postings typically remain open for approximately 20 days of the posting date listed above, however the job posting may be closed earlier should it be determined the position is no longer required due to business need. Job postings in areas with a high volume of applicants, such as customer service, contact center, and Financial Crimes investigations, remain open for approximately 5 days of the posting listed date.