At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
U.S Bank is seeking an experienced Event Planner who will be tasked with the support of planning and executing mid to large-scale virtual, hybrid and in-person meetings and conferences. The Event Planner will work in a team environment as part of the Corporate Event Management (CEM) team, while working collaboratively with other internal partners throughout the company.
This position demands extensive and advanced understanding and application of event planning principles, concepts, practices and industry standards while working in a high-volume position with the ability to manage multiple events simultaneously.
Primary planner role for multiple company meetings and events. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast paced atmosphere where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm. Exceptional attention to detail and first-class organizational skills are mandatory. Exceptional client service skills and enjoys working with the public. Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently. 4-5 years’ experience and meeting planner certification (CMP) preferred. Travel Required.
- Support all aspects of meeting and conference planning for both internal and external events across business lines.
- Work with business lines to understand event goals and expectations
- Create and manage project plan and timeline
- Lead planning calls/meetings, and coordinate with all business partners to meet deliverables
- Build event budget, diligently track event spend to ensure event is operating within approved budget, and complete final event budget reconciliation
- Work in collaboration with U.S. Bank’s sourcing agent to find venue options, submit recommendations to business line, and assist in contract negotiations
- Collaborate with the creative design team on the event theme, design concept, overall event graphic needs, including print/production
- Build and manage registration websites, mobile apps and post event surveys
- Partner with business line to create enhanced event experiences
- Coordinate attendee communications, including pre-event, on-site and post-event
- Source, negotiate and make arrangements with vendors -- food and beverage, decor, transportation, entertainment, external speakers, etc.
- Production management – assess and procure necessary audio visual requirements, create run of show, review presentations, write scripts, coordinate rehearsals
- Collaborate on attendee experience and program enhancements, aligning with U.S. Bank brand and strategy
- Work with venue to create/revise room layouts/seating arrangements
- Engage and manage on-site event staff
- Coordinate post event debriefs with planning team, leadership and key vendors
- Manage/assist with strategic projects that impact the team and organization
- Staff events and manage onsite event; includes occasional travel to regional and national meetings
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Extensive knowledge and experience building attendee registration sites and event mobile apps, for large and complex events, preferably within Cvent
- Experience with attendee management for multiple, large, overlapping meetings and events
- Ability to evaluate and operate outside the scope of expectations, with the ability to understand and interpret needs and requests
- Meet consecutive deadlines in a fast-paced team environment
- Establish effective working relationships with a diverse audience of stakeholders
- Extensive customer service skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, a high level of professionalism, and strong attention to detail
- Comfortable embracing new technologies and digital tools
- Creative solution and problem-solving skills
- Ability and experience to plan virtual, hybrid and in-person events
- Flexible in a fast-paced setting with competing and ever-changing tasks and able to remain calm under pressure
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Cvent or other similar registration tool
- 4-5 years of meeting and event management experience
- BS or BA degree in Event Management, Hospitality & Tourism Management or equivalent
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Office 365)
- Ability and flexibility to travel, and perform night-time and weekend work as needed
- Financial industry experience a plus
U.S. BANK CORE BEHAVIORS
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Suggest creative ideas and innovative solutions
- Stay on top of industry trends
- Make productive contributions to the team
- Successfully collaborate with CEM team and Business Line partners
- Anticipate and meet Business Line partner needs
- Problem resolution
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $90,100.00 - $106,000.00 - $116,600.00U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Job postings typically remain open for approximately 20 days of the posting date listed above, however the job posting may be closed earlier should it be determined the position is no longer required due to business need. Job postings in areas with a high volume of applicants, such as customer service, contact center, and Financial Crimes investigations, remain open for approximately 5 days of the posting listed date.