Sr. Agilist / Scrum Master - Risk Technology Services
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
NOTE: This role is hybrid. Team members who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at the listed U.S. Bank location (Minneapolis, MN), while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
Risk Technology Services (RTS) is on an agile journey and as a Senior Agilist / Scrum Master, you will be guiding one or more agile teams through their journey and help driving agile transformation across our internal products and lines of business. Core to this position’s success will be working with multiple teams to establish agile and development best practices as they relate to governance policies and procedures. You will be a key contributor to the RTS “Being Agile” initiative which targets cultural and behavior changes across our organization at the individual, team, leadership, and customer levels. You will lead our RTS Best Practice Champions and work with them to filter enterprise and business changes to determine how it impacts the best practices for RTS and its Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) procedures.
We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative personality that can champion agile within the organization. You are passionate about leading change, helping shift mindsets, and influence culture change. You understand the difference from doing agile and “being agile”. You foster new ways of thinking and working to build new capabilities that will help unlock new possibilities at U.S. Bank. You will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious objectives and work closely with partners across product teams to design innovative solutions and balance challenging priorities and demands. You are laser-focused on operational excellence and customer satisfaction, and you'll need to wear many hats, so flexibility and a can-do attitude are critical!
• Embrace the agile mindset, advocate and champion agile across Risk Technology Services by challenging, coaching, and guiding teams using agile and lean principles
• Provide creative solutions to agile transformation issues: resistance to change, limited resources, conflicting priorities, lack of accountability
• Ability to utilize agile methods in a flexible manner that often includes traditional project management which can include hard deadlines/fixed dates at times
• Understand the various agile frameworks, events and artifacts (i.e. scrum, Kanban), where they are fit for purpose and how to implement/apply with new and existing teams
• Manage and facilitate team ceremonies.
• Coach individual, teams, leaders, and customers in agile principles and practices, roles and responsibilities, and frameworks
• Foster a continuous improvement environment to build high-performing, agile teams
• Track and report on metrics for teams to measure progress, effectiveness of agile adoption, and agile maturity of the teams
• Guide product management teams in their role, defining MVP's, story mapping, writing stories, and backlog prioritization and management
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Typically three or more years of experience in Agile technology delivery
- Five or more years of experience in Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) teams
- Three or more years of experience as an Agilist / Scrum Master
- Wide knowledge of Agile principles and practices and the capacity to understand team’s specific needs, skills/knowledge, and requirements to apply them
- Understanding of fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Working knowledge of the software development process – design, development, test, and deployment
- Experience working with Governance groups to adhere to policies and procedures utilizing Agile best practices
- Demonstrated ability to influence teams and key stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in ambiguity and iterate to a solution
- Can estimate and solve basic business problems without explicit direction
- Creative, flexible, and willing to continuously change, evolve, and improve software development processes
- Demonstrated technical leadership and direction
- Demonstrated program-level collaboration and system architecture understanding
- Strong communication, collaboration, leadership, conflict resolution, budgeting and time management skills
- CSM/PSM (Certified/Professional Scrum Master) certification
- Advanced Agile/Scrum Master certification (PMI-ACP, A-CSM, CSP-SM) is a plus
- Familiar with Scaled Agile Practices (LESS, SaFE)
- Familiar with Kanban concepts
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $116,280.00 - $136,800.00 - $150,480.00Job postings typically remain open for approximately 20 days of the posting date listed above, however the job posting may be closed earlier should it be determined the position is no longer required due to business need. Job postings in areas with a high volume of applicants, such as customer service, contact center, and Financial Crimes investigations, remain open for approximately 5 days of the posting listed date.