Lead Streaming Engineer
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
This position will be responsible for the analysis, design, testing, development and maintenance of best in class software experiences. The candidate is a self-motivated individual who can collaborate with a team and across the organization. The candidate takes responsibility of the software artifacts produced adhering to U.S. Bank standards in order to ensure minimal impact to the customer experience. The candidate will be adept with the agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, operating and maintaining products
- Takes full stack ownership by consistently writing production-ready and testable code
- Consistently creates optimal design adhering to architectural best practices; considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs
- Performs analysis on failures, propose design changes, and encourage operational improvements
- Makes sound design/coding decisions keeping customer experience in the forefront
- Takes feedback from code review and apply changes to meet standards
- Conducts code reviews to provide guidance on engineering best practices and compliance with development procedures
- Accountable for ensuring all aspects of product development follow compliance and security best practices
- Exhibits relentless focus in software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards
- Embraces emerging technology opportunities and contributes to the best practices in support of the bank’s technology transformation
- Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement
- Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for incremental delivery; anticipates and communicates blockers and delays before they require escalation
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Six to eight years of relevant experience
- Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
- Has technical expertise and leadership skills to resolve issues, ensure product goals are met, and serve as a mentor to coach and support junior engineers
- Thorough understanding of the team's domain, how work in this domain relates to the team's objectives and deliverables and how it contributes to overall business strategy and how technical strategy maps to this
- Ability to collaborate on all aspects of product development
- Technically proficient and able to define and fulfill solutions requirements for end user
- Able to communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team, including engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors and customers
- Proficient understanding of algorithms, data structures, architectural design patterns and best practices
- Effective communication, presentation, leadership, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven collaboration and influencing skills
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $144,160.00 - $169,600.00 - $186,560.00Job postings typically remain open for approximately 20 days of the posting date listed above, however the job posting may be closed earlier should it be determined the position is no longer required due to business need. Job postings in areas with a high volume of applicants, such as customer service, contact center, and Financial Crimes investigations, remain open for approximately 5 days of the posting listed date.