Digital Product Manager
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Product Managers at U.S. Bank are customer obsessed in driving product planning, visioning, development, management, and customer experience to deliver on our human + digital product strategy and staying one step ahead of evolving economic, technological, and customer needs.
Introduction to Corporate Digital
Corporate Digital is accountable for developing and implementing a One U.S. Bank digital strategy for our Corporate and Commercial customers. The Corporate Digital team creates, defines, and executes on a refined vision and roadmap for the digital transformation across our segment and drives strategic alignment of key programs across multiple lines of business. We aim to create innovative, client-centric digital solutions to build deeper and broader relationships for existing customers and accelerate new client acquisition.
A Digital Product Manager for the Corporate Digital team will drive and support capital expenditure products/initiatives aimed at improving the client experience at a holistic level for Corporate/Commercial clients in terms of customer and employee facing interfaces, platforms, onboarding, data strategy/CRM, and internal/external APIs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Partner with business lines and Corporate/Commercial product leaders to create, lead, own, prioritize, and execute on client facing and employee facing capabilities that align with the strategic goals of Corporate Digital.
Collaborate with lines of business stakeholders and multi-disciplinary teams of product managers, agile coaches/scrum masters, experience designers, and engineers across all phases of the digital product lifecycle from discovery to implementation.
Drive/lead team ceremonies (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) from a product perspective with both US-based and offshore teams.
Create and communicate, across all levels of the organization, the problem statements, vision, roadmap, product metrics, and objectives/key results for Corporate Digital experience that support the onboarding and servicing of customer accounts
Organize and lead product workshops in conjunction with product and design leads to create and ideate on opportunities for evolving and improving the Corporate Digital onboarding and servicing experiences.
Related areas of focus:
- Drives product profitability and performance , managing short- and long-term outcomes of product portfolio including connection to roadmap, Objectives and Key Results, and strategic investments.
PRODUCT STRATEGY, VISION, AND PLANNING
- Pulls from market and competitive insights, customer needs, and internal business priorities to create the product vision (target customer segments, markets, channels, go to market approach, and value propositions).
- Aligns this strategic vision with cross-functional stakeholders to shape product roadmap, investment areas and success measures.
- Has technical know-how, understand the product technical architecture, understand the economics of technical investments, e.g., buy vs. build, total cost of ownership “TCO”.
- Drives product development and actively engages cross-functional stakeholders to enable faster speed to market and maximize return on spend in decision making for the product roadmap (e.g., issue resolution, MVP definition, ongoing prioritization).
- Prioritizes resources across developing new products and reimagining existing products.
CHANNEL ALIGNMENT AND MANAGEMENT
- Manages across channels to define and deliver product performance goals (e.g., revenue, customer experience, etc.).
- Gathers competitive, customer, market, and internal business priorities to design, develop, and continually optimize digital solutions that drive adoption, engagement, and growth across both digital and human customer interactions.
- Leverages enterprise platforms and capabilities, to improve speed to market and drive both development and ongoing support cost efficiencies e.g., provide more functionality for same investment or same amount of functionality for less investment.
- Drive product demand, activation, and engagement to increase customer/client coverage of Corporate Digital solutions.
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE RESEARCH, INSIGHT AND EXECUTION
- Identifies initial and ongoing product-market fit by communicating and incorporating customer/user needs, competitive landscape, business objectives, the bank's strategic advantage and economic environment to enhance new or existing products.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of target customer through internal/external research (e.g., working with UX partners in the creation of personas, story maps, product chartering/mapping experience).
GO TO MARKET AND SALES ALL CHANNELS
- Engages with enabling functions both within Corporate Digital as well as with other partner teams across the organization to position and promote supported and planned products to achieve business goals (e.g., marketing, sales, training, operations, go to market, etc.)
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT AND OPTIMIZATION
- Develops, analyses, monitors, and reports on performance metrics from internal and external sources to identify key trends and opportunities for continuous improvement. Uses performance metrics to drive towards progress on identified strategies and initiatives.
- Influences and drives alignment across functions, channels, and lines of business to set product strategy, manage performance, and optimize execution.
MARKETING AND ANALYTICS
- With marketing and analytics teams, defines and influences multi-channel marketing strategy, budget, and key performance indicators to drive growth.
- Experience working with product teams delivering solutions end-to-end as well as experience as an individual contributor responsible for high complexity products
- Advanced product management or similar experience, typically 5-7 years of experience
- Proven track record in working effectively with cross-functional groups in agile product development environment
- Agile experience, specifically in story/acceptance criteria development
- Knowledge of, or experience in, financial services or a highly regulated industry.
- Ability to assess the practical aspects of the business operations to enable sound and practical recommendations to stakeholders
- Demonstrate leadership skills and ability to work and collaborate efficiently on a high-functioning team
- Strong client and project management abilities coupled with excellent communication, written, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $144,160.00 - $169,600.00 - $186,560.00Job postings typically remain open for approximately 20 days of the posting date listed above, however the job posting may be closed earlier should it be determined the position is no longer required due to business need. Job postings in areas with a high volume of applicants, such as customer service, contact center, and Financial Crimes investigations, remain open for approximately 5 days of the posting listed date.