CDO Deal Administrator - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
US Bank's Global Corporate Trust Business (GCT) is hiring a CDO/CLO Deal Administrator into the London Team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
We are looking for the successful candidate to start on the 1st April 2024.
The European CLO business unit is a successful and well established division with GCT.
CLO's and CDOs are structured finance vehicles that issue both debt and equity liabilities, with the proceeds being used to buy a portfolio of collateral. Typical types of collateral include syndicated bank loans, corporate bonds & equity. Responsibilities of this role include oversight and execution of bond/bank loan trade settlements, analysis of Money Market Fund investment requirements, books cash inflows/outflows to the portfolio, tracks asset attributes such as accrual information, provides Cash & Asset Reporting to the clients on a daily basis, and assists Analysts with reporting to the CDO investors. Ensures 100% accuracy and timeliness of data through proper booking and reconciliation of account activity.
Key working relationships
The role holder will be required to build and maintain effective relationships across the Bank and its parent, as well as with external parties, clients, and stakeholders.
The role holder will be part of a specialist team and will be expected to exhibit teamwork, attention to detail, ability to work to tight deadlines, detailed technical knowledge with the ability to manage a heavy and varied work load.
- Cash & Asset Reconciliation responsibility for a portfolio of CDO/CLO transactions
- Generate accurate Daily Cash Reports that reconcile asset payments and receivables on an Actual vs Expected model basis
- Investigate and resolve any exceptions / discrepancies arising. Ability to resolve transactional and portfolio related issues
- Process Broadly Syndicated Loan trades from trade ticket to settlement/payment request stage
- Analysis and oversight of automated Trade settlement processes
- Daily Review of available cash balances & Money Market Funds to ensure sufficient liquidity to action trade settlements
- Receive Bond/Securities tickets and Loan Trade Documents from Clients, review for accuracy, complete relevant documentation and liaise with internal Operations Team’s to ensure they settle within agreed time scales in the market
- Liaise directly with Clients/Counterparties/Agent Banks and other departments for Bond/Loan & Cash related queries
- Settle Loan and Bond transactions on internal compliance system – CDO Suite
- Reconcile Cash & Asset Balances with our clients to support CDO Analytics in the production of Monthly CDO Investor Report
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in Financial Services within a similar role, with working knowledge of CDO/CLO (Collateralized Debt/Loan Obligations) Products. Experience of Reconciliation, Syndicated Bank Loans and/or Trade Settlements preferred.
- Or recent qualification in Finance (Degree/masters) with a specialisation in this area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Relationship building across several internal groups & divisions
- Ability to manage a heavy and varied workload while demonstrating strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet demanding and tight deadlines
- Indenture/Credit Agreement interpretation abilities and analytical skills are preferrable
- Role is a 35 hours per week Monday through Friday, with flexibility required with start times varying between 8am – 9am as work volumes require.
- Hybrid Working Model - 3 days in the office expectation
- Offices are based in the City of London close to Bank/Liverpool Street
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind.