Waibel Energy Systems, Inc.
The Mechanical Estimator is responsible for compiling accurate and complete project estimates utilizing estimating software, references, and vender relationships. Creating and maintaining beneficial customer relationships with General Contractors, Construction Managers and End Users.
- Project Estimation: Clarify and understand project requirements as set forth by the plans and specifications to compile accurate, complete, and competitive bid proposals that result in winning profitable projects.
- Scope / Proposal Writing: The ability to write complete scopes of work that explain the processes being proposed and the exclusions that are not.
- Proactively research and obtain project opportunities from internal and external sources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in a related engineering and/or project management program.
- (4) Years minimum experience in Commercial HVAC and Plumbing
- The ability to read and understand construction documents, drawings, and specifications.
- High level of detail and organization is required.
- Expertise in utilizing multiple programs IE: Excel, Word, Outlook, and many other trade related engineering programs. Excellent file management is key.
- AutoCAD and BIM experience is a plus.
- HVAC and Plumbing estimating software experience is a plus.
- Excellent math and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates with internal and external expert personnel to obtain all the required information to complete the estimating process.
- Prepares accurate cost estimates for labor, materials, subcontractors, and equipment utilizing company processes and standards.
- Communicating with team leaders on the required labor allocation and impact.
- Sources multiple vendor proposals based on the project requirements to ensure competitive bids. Verification and quantification of each proposal received.
- Completing bid forms and gathering the required supplemental documents necessary to satisfy the project requirements. Internal resources will assist in this process.
- Participate in project turn-over meetings that successfully transfers the project information and the breakdown of the estimate pricing over to the Team leaders and Accounting.
- The ability to “Smart” a project to gain an advantage on bid day. Strategy mindset
- Attending Pre-bid Meetings and project site visits are required.
SPECIAL JOB AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Occasionally requires working outdoors and in mechanical/equipment rooms.
- A regular workday requires sitting, standing, walking, and using hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone.
- Occasional climbing required.
- Good speaking, hearing and vision required.
- Competitive rates, performance and experience-based
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Life Insurance
- Paid Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k plan