Waibel Energy Systems, Inc.
Building Automation Engineer/Integrator
Building Automation Systems Engineers supervise the installation and maintenance of building automation systems that create centralized controls for such features as a building’s lighting system, heating and cooling system, and water heating system. This also includes card access and security systems. Knowledge in Fire and Safety is also a plus.
Building Automation System (BAS) Engineers work with facility owners, architects, other engineers, contractors and management companies to develop innovative building automation solutions, tailored to meet the needs of the building and customer. BAS Engineers design and configure technically complex building automation systems including integration to other low voltage control sub‐systems to meet the intent of the project requirements, and often manage the installation and commissioning of the project. They must provide detailed information on the design and operation of the BAS to customers, consultants, subcontractors and the field installation team. The BAS Engineer is responsible for selecting material including DDC modules, field sensing and control devices, dampers and valves to meet the project requirements, specifications, codes and customer standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BAS Engineer/Integrator (All Levels) - High School Diploma, or equivalent required
- BAS Engineer/Integrator (All Levels) – Completed Apprenticeship or Adult Education (Vocational Program) or an associate degree or equivalent from a Technical / Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning is preferred.
- BAS Engineer/Integrator (All Levels) Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and working proficiency with laptop computer, Smartphone, iPad, etc.
- BAS Engineer/Integrator (All Levels) Basic HVAC and electrical knowledge.
- BAS Engineer/Integrator (All Levels) Must obtain OSHA Safety Certifications within 6 months of hire.
- BAS Engineer/Integrator:
- Three (3) plus years’ experience in the HVAC controls field
- Minimum of 10 years related experience or a combination of 10 years related experience and education.
- BAS Certifications (Tridium AX and N4)
- Experience working on multiple control manufactures
- Must possess a working knowledge and understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience in network configuration and setup
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have HVAC and electrical knowledge
- Ability to troubleshoot routine control and electrical issues and provide corrective measures
- Ability to perform assigned control system repairs to building systems such as air handlers’ controls, room controls, chilled water controls and issues related to the building automation system as well as make repairs to equipment
- Capable of commissioning Variable Air Volume Systems (VAVs)
- Ability to read and follow blueprints, control prints and schematics
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills
- Desire to learn and advance control knowledge
- Able to accurately complete proper documentation
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish & maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills
- Plans and installs control systems and devices based on construction documents
- Performs troubleshooting of routine control and electrical issues and takes the necessary corrective measures
- Performs control system repairs to building systems such as air handlers’ controls, room controls, chilled water controls and issues related to the building automation system as well as make repairs to equipment
- Performs commissioning Variable Air Volume Systems (VAVs)
- Calibrate environmental temperature, pressure and humidity controls
- Conducts end-to-end testing, downloading programming, starting up, troubleshooting, and servicing assigned projects
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer's location
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as need or requested by customers
- Inspects vehicles by checking vehicle condition and literature supplies and complies with The Company’s motor vehicle and distracted driver policy
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, and complete repairs
- Communicate with Customer and or Project Manager inspection / service findings
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction to include training and follow-up training
- Use cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions
- Organizes and complies with all pertinent documentation needed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to successfully manage the businesses required reports
- Independently manages daily business needs by identifying parts to order for repairs and determines the urgency of the requirement
- Keeps current on Industry products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of HVAC Controls and components
- Initiates the direction of the customer to the appropriate sales contact as necessary
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays
- Participates in meetings and training as assigned, for the purpose of obtaining information related to the company or to performing/improving job knowledge and performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the department and/or the company
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES BENEFITS
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in the previous 5 years
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, including holidays and weekends if needed
- Ability to follow Safety Guidelines including working with heights and tight working conditions. Ability to operate power and hand tools safely.
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely
Competitive salary, 40 hours a week with the opportunity for overtime. Performance and experience-based. We offer annual salary reviews with performance bonuses. Full-time associates are offered a great company benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health-care, life insurance, vision and dental insurance, long-term disability, and participation in the 401K plan.