HVAC Commercial Service Technician
Waibel Energy Systems, Inc.
Service Technicians primarily install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, test, and start-up HVAC systems in a commercial environment. In order to perform these tasks, the Service Technician utilizes knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, mechanical drawings, building schematics, blueprints. and mechanical layouts. It serves to promote and maintain customer relationships through delivering world-class customer service. Service Technicians are responsible for retrofit and repair of environmental-comfort systems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. They promote and maintain customer relationships through delivering excellent customer service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Service Technician (All Levels) - High School Diploma, or equivalent required
- Service Technician (All Levels) - Associate degree or equivalent from a Technical / Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning is preferred
- Service Technician (All Levels) Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and working proficiency with laptop computer, Smartphone, iPad, etc.
- Service Technician (All Levels) EPA Certification; OSHA 30
- Service Technician Level I - Minimum of four (4) years related experience or a combination of five (5) years related experience and education
- Service Technician Level 2 - Minimum of five (5) years related experience or a combination of seven (7) years related experience and education.
- Service Technician Level 3 - Minimum of seven (7) years related experience or a combination of ten (10) years related experience; and education; may function as a job lead
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and methods
- Knowledge of HVAC safety standards and protocols
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read blueprints and mechanical drawings
- Willingness to continue to learn
- Good customer service skills and ability to represent the company in a professional manner
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish & maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors, and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, troubleshooting, and servicing assigned projects
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing, and repairing equipment and systems at the customer's location
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as need or requested by customers
- Inspects vehicles by checking vehicle condition and literature supplies and complies with The Company’s motor vehicle and distracted driver policy
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, and complete repairs
- Communicate with Customer and or Project Manager inspection/service findings
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction to include training and follow-up training
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions
- Organizes and complies with all pertinent documentation needed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to successfully manage the businesses required reports
- Independently manages daily business needs by identifying parts to order for repairs and determines the urgency of the requirement
- Keeps current on Industry products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of HVAC systems and components
- Initiates the direction of the customer to the appropriate sales contact as necessary
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays
- Participates in meetings and training as assigned, for the purpose of obtaining information related to the company or to performing/improving job knowledge and performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the department and/or the company
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in the previous 5 years
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, including holidays and weekends if needed (including occasional overnight travel) if needed or to attend training, workshops, or conferences.
- Ability to follow Safety Guidelines including working with heights and tight working conditions. Ability to operate power and hand tools safely.
- Ability to operate power and hand tools safely.
- This position may require working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage). There is a possibility of risk of exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- At times this position may be highly physical and require regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, kneeling, and climbing ladders. It sometimes requires associates to lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
- Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely including refrigerant
Healthcare, Paid Dental/Vision, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, 401k, and more!