Refrigeration Service Technician
Waibel Energy Systems, Inc.
Refrigeration Service Technicians work independently and with a team to provide exceptional customer service. Technicians must be able to perform installations, troubleshooting, and repair of commercial refrigeration equipment at a variety of locations and industry types. Technicians work closely with our customers to educate them on how to properly maintain their equipment to run at maximum efficiency and longevity. Equipment primarily worked on are walk-in coolers/freezers, reach-in coolers/freezers, and ice machines involving a wide range of brands.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma, or equivalent required
- 2+ years of refrigeration experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Universal EPA certification
- Braising and soldering skills
- Knowledge of safety standards and protocols
- Proficient in using copper bending and expansion tools
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret wiring schematics
- Willingness to continue to learn and grow
- Good customer service skills and ability to represent the company in a professional manner
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish & maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing, and repairing equipment and systems at the customer's location
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests
- Inspects vehicles by checking vehicle condition and literature supplies and complies with The Company’s motor vehicle and distracted driver policy
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, and completing repairs
- Responsible for servicing equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction including training and follow-up training
- Uses cutting-edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company-issued and procured assets by recording use, wear, and conditions
- Organizes and complies with all pertinent documentation needed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to successfully manage the businesses required reports
- Independently manages daily business needs by identifying parts to order for repairs and determining the urgency of the requirement
- Initiates the direction of the customer to the appropriate sales contact as necessary
- Displays team effort and dedication to customers by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays
- Participates in meetings and training as assigned, for the purpose of obtaining information related to the company or to performing/improving job knowledge and performance
- Performs other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the department and/or the company
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in the previous 5 years
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, including holidays and weekends if needed (including occasional overnight travel) if needed or to attend training, workshops, or conferences
- Ability to follow Safety Guidelines including working with heights and tight working conditions. Ability to operate power and hand tools safely
- Ability to operate power and hand tools safely
- This position may require working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage). There is a possibility of risk of exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- At times this position may be highly physical and require regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, kneeling, and climbing ladders. It sometimes requires associates to lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
- Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely including refrigerant